Job Advertisement closing date: 2 January 2020
World-class organisations are driven by a strong sense of purpose, and our purpose is to create a brilliant connected future for everyone! Our ambition is to enrich lives and power commerce. It's why we're constantly finding new and better ways to serve our customers, clients and the community.
Our Telstra Colocation Portfolio addresses customers hosting needs with geographically diverse data centres operating in 14 countries and territories across Asia, Australia, US and Europe and comply with International data centre standards.
As a Senior Product Specialists, you will be the primary lead on Telstra’s colocation product portfolio defining its vision, strategy and roadmap. You will maintain a close relationship with the market (partners and customers), identify growth opportunities and drive profitability for Telstra.
Other responsibilities as a Senior Product Specialist will include:
Therefore, to be successful in this role, you need to have the following:
A job at Telstra is like no other you've had. You'll be challenged, you’ll be inspired, and you'll be proud. Because whatever your job is here, you'll always be part of something bigger.If you can help us add a positive impact to every Telstra customer’s experience, enjoy collaborating with different people and can handle challenge in any form, we'd love to hear from you.We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. To learn more, visit tel.st/allrolesflex
We're Australia’s leading telecommunications and technology company. And, with a presence in more than 20 countries, we’re creating a global footprint – which for you, that means incredible work opportunities and experiences to develop and grow your career.
In Finance, we set our shared strategic vision and facilitate long term strategic planning and resource allocation; provide commercial advice and strategic insight; deliver external reporting; and enable the business to effectively manage key strategic, operational and financial risks.
As a Finance Administrator, you will help us create an impact by ensuring that we provide quality and accurate billing to customers handling disputes and enquiries to drive resolution and identifying opportunities for improvement.
As a Finance Administrator, your key responsibilities are…
To be successful in the role, you must have…
Working at Telstra brings endless opportunities to develop and grow your career with us in a creative and a success-based culture.
If you can help us add a positive impact to every Telstra customer’s experience, enjoy collaborating with different people and can handle challenge in any form, we'd love to hear from you.We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. To learn more, visit our Telstra Careers Website: tel.st/allrolesflex
We’re all about helping our customers connect: faster, better and smarter. And that’s where you come in, to help us realise our vision to create a brilliant connected future for everyone!
We're working hard to become a world-class technology & service organisation. With that in mind our team are responsible for analysing the life cycle of our products and forecasting demand and requirements necessary to shape how we do things to satisfy our customers.
As a Local Access Manager working under the Global Service Design & Implementation, you are responsible to speed up delivery pf services while adhering to the delivery standards and KPIs. You will be working closely with multiple internal and external interfaces to ensure timely delivery of ordered services and customer satisfaction.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
• Manage local loop, off-net service and hardware ordering, implementation and deployment in and outside local region
• Track and follow thru the implementation of services ordered, manage the supplier/ carrier to ensure on time delivery, including necessary internal and external escalations
• Contribute to customer satisfaction on the overall delivery quality by ensuring on time delivery and providing timely updates to Service Delivery teams to manage customer expectation
• Collaborate with multiple internal and external interfaces, including customer, to tackle all obstacles in local loop implementation / offnet service installation
• Contribute to any cost saving projects and support bill verification and circuit status verification
• Maintain the local loop circuit / offnet service inventory in the databases timely to reflect the latest status of service under implementation
To be successful in the role, you should have:
A job at Telstra is like no other you've had. You'll be challenged, you’ll be inspired and you'll be proud. Because whatever your job is here, you'll always be part of something bigger.
If you're excited about the opportunity to be part of a team, committed to delivering amazing experiences for our customers – this could be the role for you!
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. To learn more, visit our Telstra Careers Website: tel.st/allrolesflex
In an industry that’s constantly changing, Telstra is at the forefront of technology innovation and we're transforming to become the telco of the future - to lead the market with the best solutions that we know our customers expect.
Our Supplier Governance Team is responsible for a coordinated approach to making sure we have everything we need to provide world-class customer service. The diversity of our operation means there’s huge variety in the work. From products and services to materials and utilities, you’ll be involved in making sure we balance value for money with the best quality.
As a Supplier Governance Senior Specialist, you will be focused on the design, implementation and delivery of the Global Supplier Risk Management Framework for Telstra. Risk management will be embedded in all aspects of the end to end supplier lifecycle, with accountabilities understood across the business. This will enable the business to make informed decisions to realise not just expected commercial outcomes, but to also meet our internal and external obligations, and to protect our employee and customer interests as well as our brand and reputation.
As a Supplier Governance Sr. Specialist, your key responsibilities are…
To be successful in this role, you must have…
If this role sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you to discuss this great opportunity.We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. To learn more, visit our Telstra Careers Website: tel.st/allrolesflex
Telstra Enterprise is a growth engine for Telstra, focused on providing global business customers of all sizes with industry based services and solutions. We meet a critical need in the market – combining connectivity infrastructure across the world with the leading technology solutions and expertise. In this way, we empower our customers to harness the opportunities created by technology, and respond to the digital disruption that is underway across virtually every part of the economy.
As the Senior Data Analytics Specialist (aka Senior Business Analyst), you will be in-charge of building and embedding a world-class analytical and insights capability in TE-I (Telstra Enterprise - International) to support senior stakeholders and key decision-makers. The Performance Analytics team’s primary goal is to help improve business performance by solving complex business problems through a programmatic, data-driven and logical approach, delivering insights and recommendations, enabling lean management to optimize business productivity and efficiency.
The role enables efficient and effective decision-making by the TE-I leadership team that is central to achieving overall business ambitions.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Be a strategic business partner to key stakeholders by proactively providing insights and problem resolution delivering business outcomes. Aim to drive transparency, communicate effectively and standardize executive supporting materials.
• Perform deep-dive analysis on business issues across the value chain, providing commercial insights to support recommendations and executive decision-making. Undertake independent and structured quality analysis outlining the problem, approach and delivery of outcomes.
• Proactive and effective stakeholder engagement demonstrating high quality assessment of business needs and providing high level of transparency and clarity whilst taking a systematic and programmatic approach
• Be an advocate of the Customer Success and Profitability team, continuously seeking to simplify, deliver high quality deliverables and lead ways to improve and synchronise outcomes.
• Champion Alteryx and Tableau as well as other industry-leading BI tools to optimize data operations and drive development of advanced analytics.
• Manage best practice data model transitions upon new business application implementation and migration.
• Embody a strategic mindset by thinking broadly about our market and competitors and operating seamlessly between strategic and market developments and business performance.
To be successful in the role, the hiring team is looking for the following:
• Relevant academic qualifications in Business, Finance, Economics, Computer Science or an analytically rigorous discipline and a minimum 5 years of related job experience
• Demonstrate ability to utilise qualitative, quantitative and strategic analysis to solve a problem. Demonstrate a programmatic approach to drive relevant business outcomes at an executive level across the business and various functional areas.
• Advanced competency in data transformation and complex analysis. Demonstrate experience in a global/large corporation and exhibit the ability to think outside the box.
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication and stakeholder management skills. Experience in preparing deliverables for an executive level audience.
• Ability to thrive within a dynamic, ambiguous and complex environment. Highly organised individual with a mindset to continuously improve repeated activities along with being extremely responsive towards our stakeholders
• Demonstrate strong leadership qualities with a view of promoting advocacy for the team along with being a team player.
• Candidates with less qualification/experience will be considered for Band 3 Business Analyst role.
Our purpose is to create a brilliant connected future for everyone, and it’s our responsibility to the nation, and every market we operate in. This will give your work meaning because you’ll know that you’re helping to make a difference to our customers and the communities in which they live.
If this role sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you to discuss this great opportunity.