How do we Belong?
Belong’s mission is to deliver inspired, effortless, human connection.
We started in 2013 with the purpose providing Australians with great value ADSL and nbnTM network services, and in 2017, we extended the offer to mobile plans. Our plans come with generous data inclusions, no hidden costs. What you see is what you get.
How will you Belong?
We’re just over a hundred people on one floor in Melbourne Docklands. It’s a start-up feel, with corporate backing. We’re full of customer-loving, product-shaping, market-creating and technology-building people; passionate about getting things right for our customers. There’s no room for heroes or egos (refer values). We are one team. We are looking for a diverse mix of people, with great collaboration skills to add to our culture.
To support our rapid growth, improve our speed to market, deliver data-driven, automated and customer centric (digital) experiences we are renewing all our platforms from the ground up. We’ve set up cross-functional agile teams covering our all our systems, including: Marketing, CRM, Digital, Data, Analytics, Product Catalogue, Billing and Order Orchestration.
We are now seeking an experienced Experience Lead to develop and execute an experience framework for our Assisted Channels team.
How we work
We are all co-located in Melbourne and work together with other Belong team intensively every day. We use Human Centric Design in front of an Agile delivery practices. We are highly focussed on automated testing and deployment through CI/CD. We love atomic design, modular and reusable code and automated infrastructure. We embrace continuous learning through optimisation and testing. We aim to build a highly automated, personalised and optimised experience for each of our individual customers.
What we are doing
We are developing a fully automate digital channel. Our customers can purchase and manage their products unassisted through digital. However, we also know that in some cases and for some customers we will need to provide assisted support. For those assisted scenarios we have a range of options on our digital channel as well as through a good-old phone call. It is our ambition to make the assisted channel world-leading. We also are shifting rapidly to support driven by artificial intelligence. This is where your role comes in. Regardless of how our customers seeks support, it will live up to our Target Customer Experience principles.
Who are we looking for?
We have a bias for people with mix of skills and willingness to wear multiple hats. For example, Experience Design & Development, or Front-end and Back-end. Not for people who are overly stuck in their specialism (like: “I don’t do testing” or “I do UX but not UI”). You must be Melbourne based (or willing to relocate)
What’s this role?
To support our transition to automated and customer centric (digital) experiences, we are looking for an Assisted Channels Experience Lead who will develop and execute an experience framework for our front-line staff as well as for our automated (Artificial Intelligence based) experience.
What will be your purpose?
You will drive to deliver the best experience for our customers on our assisted channels, be it delivered by human or by artificial intelligence agents, by developing a framework for learning & development for the agents, as well as training out AI correctly.
You will also ensure the optimal agent experience on our assisted channels, for that agent at that point in time by supporting the agents and the tools they use on a day to day bases. You will lead a small team to support our agents.
You will be the advocate for a customer and value obsessed approach to define and prioritise the backlog to realise measurable results for the features you are accountable for.
What will you bring?
· Strong (L&D) delivery background with experience in leadership roles
· Extensive experience collaborating with a complex and multi-tiered stakeholder group to realise commercial outcomes.
· Extensive knowledge and experience with agent tools and other back-of-house tools.
· Experience working within a customer-focussed team
· People leadership; experience in managing delivery teams.
How you will be measured?
We are all measured on the same three things:
· Customer growth (active services)
· Customer satisfaction (churn)
· Profitability (EBITDA)
Interactions and behaviours
· Challenges the norm
· Approaches solutions with an open mind
· Human Centric Design driven
· Loves getting involved in other domains and supporting them with good insights
· Communicate, communicate, communicate! The good, the bad and the ugly. Always give it and receive it with the best intent of getting the right outcome for our customers, employees & partners.
· Never walk past a problem – be it a code error, a fire hazard or a messy kitchen – raise it, fix it, own it, and encourage your colleagues to do the same.
· Tertiary qualification in Psychology or business-related discipline
· Professional Qualifications/Skills Required
· In-depth knowledge and practical experience in learning & development programs
· Practical experience in customer centric design methods
· Excellent written and verbal communication, problem solving and time management skills
· Strong interpersonal and consultative skills
· Strong facilitation skills
· Strong influencing skills
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. To learn more, visit tel.st/allrolesflex