At Telstra, we’re focused on delivering a seamless and amazing experience for our customers. To help us do this, our product and service design teams play a vital role in bringing our products to life on a global scale.
Our Enterprise Sales team is one of the strategic growth areas for Telstra. We are focused on providing Enterprise customers of all sizes with an integrated range of communications solutions and managed services from Unified Communications, Cloud, and Contact Centres to networks. We are creating a services organisation, building on Telstra’s existing capabilities and expertise in order to support business customers of all sizes move information technology infrastructure and services onto their network.
How does the Pricing Analyst fit into the team? You will be contributing to the business strategy in ensuring profitable growth, compliance, and competitiveness of price offers to new and existing customers.
As the Pricing Analyst, you'll be responsible for:
• The preparation of accurate financial pricing models in MS Excel to aid with decision making and the development of pricing hypothesis.
• Making recommendations for consideration in the formulation of Strategic initiatives, based on fact based data analytics
• Developing and maintaining a current market intelligence pricing database to aid in market-relevant pricing decisions
• Undertaking pricing analysis, research, modelling, forecasting & diagnosis to identify patterns, trends or issues that may need a response
• Interpreting data/outcomes to highlight business problems, risks and opportunities.
• Making recommendations for consideration in the formulation of tactical and operational plans and initiatives
• Co-ordinating post-implementation reviews of projects or plans, and analyse their impact on the achievement of the groups KPIs.
• Communicating findings and make recommendations to sales teams and business leaders
• Developing, undertaking or contributing to research projects
To be successful in the role, the hiring team is looking for the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics, or similar education
• Extensive experience in Pricing- ideally Telecom Pricing
• Demonstrable experience in a financial / commercial / business analytics role, with advanced financial modelling, analytical and quantitative expertise
• Experience in understanding, interpreting and analysing complex business issues
• Experience in focused market research activities to support business decision making.
• Ability to clearly present complex analytics into clearly articulated outcomes and recommendations
• An international multicultural approach, ability to work in virtual teams
• The ability to understand International Connectivity and Managed services products within an international environment
• Advance skills in data modelling or similar
• Effective oral and written communication skills
Our purpose is to create a brilliant connected future for everyone, and it’s our responsibility to the nation, and every market we operate in. This will give your work meaning because you’ll know that you’re helping to make a difference to our customers and the communities in which they live.
If this role sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you to discuss this great opportunity.