Telstra Enterprise is a growth engine for Telstra, focused on providing global business customers of all sizes with industry based services and solutions. We meet a critical need in the market – combining connectivity infrastructure across the world with the leading technology solutions and expertise. In this way, we empower our customers to harness the opportunities created by technology, and respond to the digital disruption that is underway across virtually every part of the economy.
As the Senior Data Analytics Specialist (aka Senior Business Analyst), you will be in-charge of building and embedding a world-class analytical and insights capability in TE-I (Telstra Enterprise - International) to support senior stakeholders and key decision-makers. The Performance Analytics team’s primary goal is to help improve business performance by solving complex business problems through a programmatic, data-driven and logical approach, delivering insights and recommendations, enabling lean management to optimize business productivity and efficiency.
The role enables efficient and effective decision-making by the TE-I leadership team that is central to achieving overall business ambitions.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Be a strategic business partner to key stakeholders by proactively providing insights and problem resolution delivering business outcomes. Aim to drive transparency, communicate effectively and standardize executive supporting materials.
• Perform deep-dive analysis on business issues across the value chain, providing commercial insights to support recommendations and executive decision-making. Undertake independent and structured quality analysis outlining the problem, approach and delivery of outcomes.
• Proactive and effective stakeholder engagement demonstrating high quality assessment of business needs and providing high level of transparency and clarity whilst taking a systematic and programmatic approach
• Be an advocate of the Customer Success and Profitability team, continuously seeking to simplify, deliver high quality deliverables and lead ways to improve and synchronise outcomes.
• Champion Alteryx and Tableau as well as other industry-leading BI tools to optimize data operations and drive development of advanced analytics.
• Manage best practice data model transitions upon new business application implementation and migration.
• Embody a strategic mindset by thinking broadly about our market and competitors and operating seamlessly between strategic and market developments and business performance.
To be successful in the role, the hiring team is looking for the following:
• Relevant academic qualifications in Business, Finance, Economics, Computer Science or an analytically rigorous discipline and a minimum 5 years of related job experience
• Demonstrate ability to utilise qualitative, quantitative and strategic analysis to solve a problem. Demonstrate a programmatic approach to drive relevant business outcomes at an executive level across the business and various functional areas.
• Advanced competency in data transformation and complex analysis. Demonstrate experience in a global/large corporation and exhibit the ability to think outside the box.
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication and stakeholder management skills. Experience in preparing deliverables for an executive level audience.
• Ability to thrive within a dynamic, ambiguous and complex environment. Highly organised individual with a mindset to continuously improve repeated activities along with being extremely responsive towards our stakeholders
• Demonstrate strong leadership qualities with a view of promoting advocacy for the team along with being a team player.
• Candidates with less qualification/experience will be considered for Band 3 Business Analyst role.
Our purpose is to create a brilliant connected future for everyone, and it’s our responsibility to the nation, and every market we operate in. This will give your work meaning because you’ll know that you’re helping to make a difference to our customers and the communities in which they live.
If this role sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you to discuss this great opportunity.