We're on a mission to redesign the way we all connect, and fundamentally change the nature of telecommunication products and services in Australia, and across the region.
The work we do empowers the lives of millions of people around the world. Together, we're creating a bold, new Telstra that will continue to lead the market both now and into the future. At Telstra, what you do matters.
The role with us
Provide high quality and commercially effective customer service to Telstra customers through responding to customer sales and/or service enquiries relating to a range of Telstra products and services, delivering solutions uniquely designed for each customer.
What you'll work on
• Create a simple and brilliant customer experience across all our interactions in a multi-media environment
• Build new relationships with key customer targets and effectively manage these relationships to maximise opportunities
• Assist customers to understand, use and resolve issues relating to our products and services
• Sell products, services and business solutions that effectively meet customer needs
• Gain support and agreement negotiating an acceptable outcome or solution that balances the interests and needs of stakeholders and Telstra’s enterprise values
• Execute a strong negotiation technique and influence confidently to close opportunities
• Demonstrate cultural awareness through listening and adapting flexibly across interactions with our culturally diverse team members and customers
• Demonstrates strong sense of ownership of issues/orders presented and to manage end to end delivery within designated timeframes.
• Be naturally inquisitive and resilient with an ability to articulate, listen and communicate effectively identify customer needs along with providing customers with solutions to solve their concerns
• Comply with established sales practices and procedures and legislative requirements including the appropriate handling of customers in vulnerable circumstances
• Identify when a customer is in distress and take the appropriate intervention or escalation to ensure the recovery of their experience
• Both participate in and champion the adoption of agile principles within the team to constantly improve the customer experience
• Availability to meet the operating hours of the business as generated by customer demand
To be successful in the role, you'll bring skills and experience in:
If you can help us add a positive impact to every Telstra customer’s experience, enjoy collaborating with different people and can handle challenge in any form, we want to hear from you!
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce in all its forms. We encourage applicants from diverse gender, cultural and linguistic backgrounds and applicants who may be living with a disability. We also offer flexibility in all our roles, to ensure everyone can participate.
To learn more about how we support our people, including accessibility adjustments we can provide you through the recruitment process, visit tel.st/thrive.