Senior Technology Specialist
- Job Number: 10055853-001
- Employment Type: Permanent Full Time, Flexible
- Location: VIC: Melbourne - CBD
- Opening date: 21/03/2017 9:00 AM AEST
- Closing date: 04/04/2017 11:55 PM AEST
We are at
the forefront of emerging technology at Telstra, in an industry that's
constantly changing and it's an exciting place to be! Telstra Operations brings
together our networks, technology, services groups, and information technology
operations into one single unit to drive Telstra's network and technology
excellence. We currently have an exciting opening within Networks as part of
our Transport and Routing Engineering organisation for a Senior Technology
Specialist for Edge Networks.
Transport and Routing Engineering (T&RE), the Core and Internet Engineering
team is responsible for strategy, budget, delivery,
lifecycle, and planning management of Telstra's Core network infrastructure.
This includes design of technology platforms in Telstra's IP/MPLS Core, IPVPN and
Internet Edge and Management network environments. Responsibility also includes
change management across a wide range of platforms within T&RE.
This Senior Technology Specialist position is
to lead and provide specialist analysis, design, development and deployment in
Edge Networks technology group within the Core and Internet Engineering domain.
This will see you developing platform specific technology roadmaps and making
technology investment recommendations, having due regard for how this
technology interworks with other technologies, to deliver products and
infrastructure to defined service level standards.
Your key accountabilities will be:
- Developing new capabilities through design, testing and implementation phases.
- Being a subject matter expert for IPVPN access architectures, provide consulting function to stakeholders in network engineering, IT, product development or Telstra external organisations.
- Working in a team of Telstra subject matter experts to deliver the development program in the Enterprise IPVPN Edge technology domain.
- Translate customer (internal, external or regulatory) needs and requirements, using technical principles into realisable products, services, or systems and/or networks infrastructure
- Leading the development of technology and lifecycle roadmaps to deliver new products and improve the availability and efficiency of network architectures and platforms.
- Bringing a strong knowledge and ongoing development of knowledge of new and emerging technologies, including leading industry (e.g. best of breed) solutions.
- Contributing to the management of project specific budgets for new technology capability and lifecycle management initiatives.
- Translating customer needs and requirements, using technical principles into realisable products, services, or systems and/or networks infrastructure.
- Assessing the capability of existing network solutions and offerings to meet business requirements and provide recommendations based on knowledge of new and emerging technologies.
- Leading the various phases of solution development or solution architecture definitions, Proof of Concept testing, detailed design's and ensure infrastructure unit and end to end testing is completed to verify solutions.
Your key skills will include:
- Minimum of 7 years industry experience in a network engineering function with a service provider or vendor.
- Experience with Service Provider networks and familiarity with best practices network architectures.
- Hands-on experience with Juniper M/MX routers, QFX/EX switches and Cisco routing and switching platforms, i.e. configuration, testing and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in network technologies such as MPLS based IPVPNs, IP routing, Ethernet switching, IP Multicast and Quality of Service.
- Sound technical skills in operating systems such as Unix/Linux and ability to script and code to achieve defined outcomes. Understanding of configuration management and provisioning/automation tools.
- Capabilities to solve complex problems in multi-technology and multi-vendor environment.
- Strong network design knowledge in conjunction with the capability to clearly articulate and document solution designs.
This Senior Technology Specialist position
provides the opportunity to be part of the design, testing and implementation for
the development of new virtualisation technologies within the business.
With Telstra's size and scale the career opportunities are
endless. People have seen themselves climbing the ladder in their area of
specialisation, and others have found themselves moving across the organisation
and building whole new careers. This is a great opportunity to make a change
and grow your career in more ways than you can imagine - it's a brilliant
connected future for everyone.
We work flexibly at Telstra. Talk
to us about how this job could be flexible for you.