When must I complete my degree by?
Our Summer Vacation Program is open to university students in the penultimate year of their studies of a minimum three year undergraduate degree from an Australian university or those undertaking their master’s degree. So you will need to be graduating in 2020 in order to be eligible.
When does the Summer Vacation Program start?
The Summer Vacation Program runs for 12-weeks and begins on Monday November 18, 2019. You’ll be given a two week break for Christmas and New Year, so it will finish on Friday February 21, 2020
How many positions are available this year and where?
Program numbers vary depending on the pathway you choose, so it’s a tough question to answer. Although most roles will be based in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Hobart.
What will I do during the Program?
The Program has been specifically designed to give you immersive development and learning opportunities in your chosen pathway. You’ll be able to learn from the best people in their field and be given certain jobs to do. You’ll also be invited to attend a number of social events during the 12 weeks you’re with us.
I'm a mature-age student. Can I apply?
Telstra has a diverse and inclusive culture and we accept applications from all candidates who meet our Program's eligibility criteria.
What documentation do I need to submit in my application?
You’ll need to supply a link to your LinkedIn profile, and if you hold a visa, you will need to provide a copy of this too.
If you make it through to the interview stage of our application process, you’ll need to provide your resume and university transcripts. You can find out more information about our application process here.
I’m on a Student Visa, am I eligible?
International Students on Visa 500, 573, 574 may be eligible to apply if they meet the following criteria:
- Are due to graduate in 2020 and are applying for our network engineering, software engineering, information and cyber security and tech consulting pathways.
- If studying a Masters’ degree, the duration must be a minimum of two years of study at an Australian University. 12 or 18-month masters are not accepted.
- Provide a copy of your English Test Scores – minimum benchmarks apply.
How do you support candidates living with a disability?
During your application, please tell us about any support or reasonable adjustments you need during the recruitment process or in the workplace.
Some examples of where we have offered support include:
- A standing (instead of sitting) face-to-face interview for a candidate who identified as living with a back injury.
- Tailored printed documentation at group assessments for candidates who identify as living with a visual impairment.
- An Auslan Interpreter during interviews for candidate with a hearing impairment
- Extra time for online assessments for candidates who identified as living with anxiety or other mental health issues.
Just let your recruiter know how we can make things comfortable for you and we’ll do our best to support you throughout your application.
Will you be in touch during the application process?
When you apply, you’ll get confirmation of your application via email. You’ll also receive updates from your recruiter who will contact you at each stage of the process.
Why does it sometimes take a while to hear back about my application?
Every year, we receive significant interest and volume of applications. To assess each application fairly we do ask for your patience. Your recruiter will keep you updated as soon as possible at each stage of the selection process.
What sorts of career opportunities are there with Telstra?
There are so many options for your career at Telstra and a summer with us is your perfect introduction to the exciting and innovative work our teams do! You can check some of them out here.