The online recruitment system we use is currently unavailable.
aware of a security incident with one of our vendors, PageUp, a company that provides us software services used as part of our employee recruitment processes.
We are among a number of organisations who use PageUp. PageUp has provided more information here
We have held discussions with PageUp to understand any possible impact to the security of the services they provide.
They have advised us that their investigation is continuing and while this is occurring we have suspended our use of their services. This includes all current recruitment activity that has not been progressed past a written offer being placed on hold.
In most cases, the personal information that could be potentially impacted is the applicant’s name, phone number, application history and email address. For those whose applications were successful, the data in PageUp’s systems may include:
- Date of birth
- Employment offer details
- Employee number (if a current or previous employee)
- Pre-employment check outcomes
- Referee details
We are treating this matter seriously and are taking all necessary action to protect the security of the services provided by the vendor.
We have to this point:
- Met with PageUp to understand what steps they are taking and offer the support of our cyber security services;
- Suspended use of PageUp's systems to process job applications;
- Put on hold all current recruitment activity that has not been progressed past a written offer;
- Notified the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC);
- Engaged government bodies, privacy and information security experts across the industry to further understand how we can help people who may have been impacted.
PageUp has not yet been in a position to advise us if any of our data was affected. If we do find this has occurred, we will contact impacted individuals.
We recommend that anyone who has used our online recruitment system to check that there has been no unusual activity concerning their personal information. The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) provides guidance
We’ll provide updates as new information becomes available.
In the meantime, if you have any questions, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org